Financial Business New Update
By: Bruce Houghton
News Corp Says It's (Really, Really) Ready To Sell MySpace (Mashable) Not a real surpise, but its rare that a company is so vocal in their disdain.
And then there's:MySpace Begging Users To Come Back
- Sony Music Sales Down 14.5% Last Quarter. (Billboard) Currency fluctuations including a stronger Yen contributed.
- Rdio tunes in $17.5 million financing round (FMC) Industry vet Rob Cavallo has joined the Rdio board.
More Music Industry News & Commentary:
- What the Citigroup takeover means for EMI - Nobody expects Citigroup to hold on to EMI, but its fate will affect artists and songwriters on the major label's roster. (Guardian) And then there's Guy Hands Two Terrible Mistakes.
- Amos Lee's Mission Bell, debuted at #1 with just 40,500 sold, the lowest #1 in chart history, Iron and Wine was right behind Lee at #2 with 39,000 copies. (FMQB)
- Amazon's Facebook Integration Is The Future Of Commerce (SAI) Think about this for music...
- Downtown has inked a multi-year publishing administration and joint venture with LA's Check Your Pulse, the publishing arm of Pulse Recording.
- Will the Music Industry Ever Learn From Its Mistakes? (Gigom)
- Single Track Downloads Dominate. (PCWorld)
- Crowdfunding: raising money from strangers. (Indie)
- Music Video Made on Microsoft Kinect Is Ghostly and Lovely. (Mashable)
- UK Music Lobbyist Says Rethinking Fair Use Is 'Intellectual Masturbation' (Techdirt)
Bruce Houghton is a 25 year music industry veteran who owns booking agency Skyline Music and the tour marketing company Skyline Innovations.